(henceforth, referred to as the forecast period). - X-ray detectors have undergone continual innovations over the last few decades, both in terms of performance and size, aided by technological advancements and increasing demand from a wide range of end-user verticals.
New York, Dec. 16, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Reportlinker.com announces the release of the report "X-Ray Detectors Market - Growth, Trends, Forecasts (2020 - 2025)" - https://www.reportlinker.com/p05986855/?utm_source=GNW
Further, the considerable advancements in analytical procedures, such as indirect excitation of X-ray spectra bulk samples and combinations of instruments in a smaller space, are expected to boost the market over the foreseen period. With the advancements in technology, X-ray detection in the market has evolved to become more safe, effective, and convenient.
- Increasing demand for mobile equipment in the market, especially from end-users, such as oil and gas, power generation, etc., to inspect the equipment installed in remote locations that are not accessible through traditional X-ray inspection solutions, is driving several innovations in the market. Also, inspection service providers in the market, which largely benefit from mobile equipment, are encouraging mobile X-ray equipment’s mass production. Owing to such demand, manufacturers are diversifying their product portfolios to suit the needs of industrial users.?
- For instance, Varex, a prominent vendor in the X-ray inspection market, launched two new X-ray detectors in May 2019, 3030DXV-I and 3020DXV-I are targeted to address the needs of industrial applications and inspection service providers. Reportedly, these detectors are expected to offer frame rates up to 45fps and high dynamic range (1.5k x 1.5k), providing excellent sensitivity and dynamic range. Over the forecast period, such product releases are expected to increase as the penetration of X-ray inspection techniques in several end-user applications increases.?
- However, the breakout of the COVID-19 pandemic is expected to have a significant impact on the market in the short term, owing to the dependence on manufacturing facilities of industrial X-ray film providers, chemical companies, semiconductor manufacturers. The result of production halt, specifically in the East Asia has led to a colossal increase in the equipment prices.
- The increasing spread of COVID-19 has put majority of the global countries under temporary lockdown and has significantly affected the industries in the value chain. Moreover, the prolonged lockdown is forcing the induction of the 2020 recession that is expected to disrupt the production of testing equipment and required software infrastructure.
Key Market Trends
Medical Applications of X-ray Detectors to Grow Significantly Over the Forecast Period
- The expansion of the medical imaging and diagnostics sector over the recent past has indicated well for the sales of medical X-ray detectors at a global level.
- The medical devices industry is witnessing a growth in the number of imaging and diagnostic tests performed every year owing to various factors such as increasing focus on radiological diagnostic tests, rising chronic disease burden, and introduction of efficient X-ray devices through consolidation and mergers in the medical devices market.
- According to the UN data of World Population Prospects, the number of people over 65 is steadily increasing. By 2050, the world’s population aged 60 years and older is predicted to reach 2 billion, of which 80% would live in low- and middle-income countries.
- Hence, the rising geriatric population, increasing number of orthopedic and cardiovascular procedures would further drive the adoption of X-ray detectors in medical applications. Also, the growing incidence of sports injuries, trauma, and cancer represent a significant patient pool opting for diagnostic imaging tests annually, particularly in emerging countries. The growing prevalence of lung diseases further drive the need for effective screening methods to detect chest abnormalities, which supports the demand for x-ray detectors.
- In addition, the COVID-19 pandemic has been spreading at a very rapid pace. In such regard, imaging procedures are crucial to identify the impact of COVID-19 outbreak when it comes to assessing suspected cases and the course of the disease. The role of X-ray imaging in the current situation is playing an important role.
- Radiologists at Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center New Orleans conducted a retrospective study of nearly 400 persons under investigation for COVID-19 in New Orleans. They reviewed the patients’ chest X-rays along with concurrent RT-PCR virus tests. The radiologists found a characteristic chest X-ray appearance is highly specific (96.6%) and has a high positive predictive value of 83.3% for SARS-CoV-2 infection in the setting of a pandemic.
United States is Expected to Account for Major Market Share
- The rapid technological development in the medical field is now being merged with the technologies, such as advanced X-ray detectors. There is a strong focus on improving the health conditions of people, as well as tackling the adverse effects from the rising health diseases and infections. Therefore, there needs to be a constant diagnostic and monitoring service, which is driving the market in the United States.
- In the United States, Health and Human Services (HHS), which is governed by the cabinet-level department of the US federal government, is extremely liberal in funding and maintaining the technological research in medical sciences.
- The United States is witnessing an increase in the geriatric population and a surge in the incidence of chronic diseases, due to sedentary lifestyles and unhealthy eating habits. Moreover, rising medical infrastructure developments with an increase in medical facilities are expected to propel the demand for the medical X-ray detectors market in the United States.
- According to the National Cancer Institute, in 2018, an estimated 1,735,350 new cases of cancer were diagnosed in the United States. Further, the institute predicts that the number of new cases of cancer is 439.2 per 100,000 men and women per year. It also predicts that the number of new cancer cases per year is expected to rise to 23.6 million by 2030 in the United States. The rise in cancer incidences resulted in the increased demand for diagnosing them, giving a push to the adoption of mammography.
- For instance, EOS imaging, a global medical device company, installed its fourth EOS system at the Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) in New York City, United States, which offers a low dose full body, stereo-radiographic images of a patient in a functional position.
- Companies, such as Samsung Electronics, Cannon, and Fujifilm Medical Systems USA, are strategically investing in producing new X-ray systems, which use X-ray detectors and produced its mobile X-ray systems, which use X-ray detectors. The increase in production of these systems is anticipated to increase the use of X-ray detectors.
The X-ray detectors market is highly fragmented and the important players have used various tactics, such as agreements, expansions, partnerships, new product launches, joint ventures acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. Key players in the market are Varex Imaging Corporation, Thales Group, Fujifilm Medical Systems, Teledyne DALSA Inc., etc. Recent developments in the market are -
- January 2020 - Thales and NEHS Digital joined forces to speed up the hospital admission process in a crisis by using the new technology. The project leverages Thales’ expertise in radiology and AI and NEHS digital footprint in the French hospital system. The company may provide mobile X-ray equipment with AI to diagnose COVID-19.
- January 2020 - The company launched Aero DR NS flat panel detector. The product NS combined with the all-in-one solution ImagePilot console. This economically attractive detector is an excellent alternative for analog or CR users looking to speed up their diagnostics.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p05986855/?utm_source=GNW
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
CONTACT: Clare: email@example.com US: (339)-368-6001 Intl: +1 339-368-6001