Global Over the Counter (OTC) Drugs Market, By Product (Cough, Cold, and Flu, Analgesics, Dermatology Products, Vitamins, Mineral, and Supplements (VMS), Other), By Dosage Form (Tablets, Capsules, Powders, Ointments, Liquids), By Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, Online Pharmacy, Other), By Region, Forecast & Opportunities, 2025
New York, Jan. 04, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Reportlinker.com announces the release of the report "Global Over the Counter Drugs Market, By Product, By Dosage Form, By Distribution Channel, By Region, Forecast & Opportunities, 2025" - https://www.reportlinker.com/p06001413/?utm_source=GNW
Global Over the Counter (OTC) drugs market exceeded USD 140 billion in 2019 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 8.23% during the forecast period. The global OTC drugs market is driven by rising health consciousness among the population across the globe. Moreover, buying OTC drugs is cost effective as they need no prescription, which is expected to positively impact the growth of market during the forecast period. The availability and affordability of these medicines has further increased the adoption rates of the OTC drugs in the market. Also, rapidly expanding healthcare and pharmaceuticals industries, is further expected to bolster the growth of market over the next few years.
The global over the counter (OTC) drugs market is segmented based on product, dosage form, distribution channel, company, and region.Based on product, the market can be categorized into cough, cold and flu products, analgesics, dermatology products, vitamins, mineral and supplements (VMS) and other.
Out of these, the cough, cold, and flu products segment dominated the market in terms of largest market share until 2019 and is expected to maintain its leading position the market during the forecast period as well.This can be ascribed to growing number of infections which is leading to the rise in the number of infectious diseases.
The market is further driven by the increasing efforts to licencing of OTC drugs for the treatment of cough, cold and flu.In addition to this, vitamins, mineral, and supplements (VMS) segment is expected to grow at a high pace in the next 5 years on account of the rising popularity of VMS products in developed countries because of the increasing diseased population.
Based on the dosage form, the market is segmented into tablets, capsules, ointments, liquids, and powders. Out of these, tablets segment dominates the market and is expected to maintain its position. Tablets are usually preferred by the doctors and patients as it is the most convenient oral dosage form. Based on the distribution channel, the market can be segmented into retail pharmacies, hospital pharmacies, online pharmacy, and others. Out of these, retail pharmacies segment is the leading segment as, these are easily accessible. Furthermore, retail pharmacies have availability of a variety of drugs.
Major players operating in the global over the counter (OTC) drugs market include Johnson and Johnson, GlaxoSmithKline PLC (GSK Consumer Healthcare), Perrigo Company PLC, Reckitt Benckiser Group PLC, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd, Roche Holding AG, The Procter & Gamble Company, Sanofi S.A, Gilead Sciences Inc., Bayer Healthcare AG, AstraZeneca plc., Alacer Corp., Alcon Inc., and others. The companies are developing advanced technologies and launching new products to stay competitive in the market. Other competitive strategies include mergers & acquisitions, partnership, agreements, and new developments in order to expand their geographic reach and to increase their customer bases.
Years considered for this report:
Historical Years: 2015-2018
Base Year: 2019
Estimated Year: 2020
Forecast Period: 2021–2025
Objective of the Study:
• To analyze and estimate the market size of global over the counter (OTC) drugs market from 2015 to 2018.
• To estimate and forecast the market size of global over the counter (OTC) drugs market from 2019 to 2025 and growth rate until 2025.
• To classify and forecast global over the counter (OTC) drugs market based on product, dosage form, distribution channel, company and regional distribution.
• To identify dominant region or segment in the global over the counter (OTC) drugs market.
• To identify drivers and challenges for global over the counter (OTC) drugs market.
• To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, mergers & acquisitions, etc., in global over the counter (OTC) drugs market.
• To conduct pricing analysis for global over the counter (OTC) drugs market.
• To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in global over the counter (OTC) drugs market.
• To identify key sustainable strategies adopted by market players in global over the counter (OTC) drugs market.
The analyst performed both primary as well as exhaustive secondary research for this study.Initially, the analyst sourced a list of manufacturers across the globe.
Subsequently, the analyst conducted primary research surveys with the identified companies.While interviewing, the respondents were also enquired about their competitors.
Through this technique, the analyst could include the hospitals/clinics which could not be identified due to the limitations of secondary research. The analyst examined the products and presence of all major players across the globe.
The analyst calculated the market size of global over the counter (OTC) drugs market using a bottom-up approach, wherein data for various end-user segments was recorded and forecast for the future years. The analyst sourced these values from the industry experts and company representatives and externally validated through analyzing historical data of these services and applications for getting an appropriate, overall market size.
Various secondary sources such as company websites, news articles, press releases, company annual reports, investor presentations and financial reports were also studied by the analyst.
Key Target Audience:
• Over the counter (OTC) drugs manufacturers, suppliers and other stakeholders
• Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
• Organizations, forums and alliances related to over the counter (OTC) drugs
• Market research and consulting firms
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for the industry stakeholders such as manufacturers, suppliers, partners, end users, etc., besides allowing them in strategizing investments and capitalizing on market opportunities.
In this report, global over the counter (OTC) drugs market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
• Global Over the Counter (OTC) Drugs Market, By Product:
o Cough, Cold, and Flu, Analgesics
o Dermatology Products
o Vitamins, Mineral, and Supplements (VMS)
• Global Over the Counter (OTC) Drugs Market, By Dosage Form:
• Global Over the Counter (OTC) Drugs Market, By Distribution Channel:
o Hospital Pharmacies
o Retail Pharmacies
o Online Pharmacy
• Global Over the Counter (OTC) Drugs Market, By Region:
o North America
o Middle East & Africa
o South America
Company Profiles: Detailed analysis of the major companies present in global over the counter (OTC) drugs market.
With the given market data, we offers customizations according to a company’s specific needs. The following customization options are available for the report:
• Detailed analysis and profiling of additional market players (up to five).
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p06001413/?utm_source=GNW
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
CONTACT: Clare: email@example.com US: (339)-368-6001 Intl: +1 339-368-6001