Strong turnover growth in H1 2020 (+30%)
- Turnover1 up +30% compared to June 30, 2019 on a volume of flows processed up by 43%.
- HiPay continues to attract new customers and to grow despite Covid-19 crisis, thus confirming the resilience of its business model.
- Bpifrance and BNP Paribas announce two State guaranteed loans (PGE) for an amount of 3.6 million euros.
- HiPay continues to innovate by offering new technological solutions to its customers, particularly in the fight against fraud.
Paris, July 30, 2020: HiPay (ISIN code FR0012821916 - HIPAY), the fintech specializing in omnichannel payment solutions, announces sales of 21.7 million euros1 in the first half of 2020, an increase of 30%.
|In millions of euros||June 30, 2020||June 30, 2019||Var. %|
|Processed flows||2,520||1,761|| |
The strong growth in revenue marks an increase in the rate of growth (+1 points of growth vs 2019) despite a troubled economic climate.
The slight erosion of the turnover rate2 which stood at 0.9%, down 0.1 point compared to 2019, is explained by the development strategy oriented towards key accounts which allows transaction volume in strong progress.
The French market, which represents 67% of all volume managed, remains at the heart of HiPay's commercial strategy with an increase of +48 % in volume.
- Launch of +310 new European merchants including 166 key accounts, demonstrating the success of the premium positioning strategy for large companies.
- Development of business volume made by franchise networks thanks to the deployment of HiPay solutions within Cash Express, Speed Burger and Côté Sushi networks.
- Confirmation of the leading position in the furniture and interior design sector with the launch of Gifi, NV Gallery, La Maison du Convertible and Camif.
- Innovation is continuing with the launch of additional payment scenarios responding to new uses, such as the e-terminal solution implemented at Okaidi and the new functionalities added to remote payment (Mail Order – Telephone Order).
- Deployment of new checkout scenarios to help merchants digitize their point of sale and comply with the new physical distance measures, in partnership with numerous players in the ecosystem.
- Improvement of the anti-fraud module HiPay Sentinel allow merchants to increase their success rate and to adapt to the new rules defined by PSD2 (2nd Payment Service Directive).
- Launch of the new HiPay Console management interface, whose configuration features (HiPay widgets) allow each user to customize their dashboard.
The crisis has not impacted HiPay's commercial dynamics thanks to a presence in many segments of the e-commerce market. During confinement the mix between segments changed: some sectors suffered a decline (tourism, fashion, automotive, for example) which was offset by segments in strong development during this period (video games, computer equipment, drugstore and mass distribution food).
As of June 30, 2020, the company had €1.8 million in available cash1.
To this available cash is added the non-mobilized balance of the BJ Invest current account: €3.7 million.
In addition, HiPay has contracted two loans guaranteed by the State from BNP Paribas and Bpifrance for a total amount of 3.6 million euros.
As of June 30, 2020, HiPay thus has a total financing capacity of 9.1 million euros, which enables the Group to ensure its development.
BPI Excellence & Accelerator Program Bpifrance
HiPay was selected as a member of the Bpifrance excellence network for its performance and growth potential. HiPay is also a stakeholder in the Bpifrance accelerator group for the 2020-21, a recognition that allows HiPay to strengthen its links with a large number of companies.
Grégoire Bourdin, CEO of HiPay, declares: “Thanks to the confidence of our customers and the efforts of the teams during the first half of the year, HiPay's volume and turnover growth is still on the agenda. In addition, obtaining two loans guaranteed by the State demonstrates the confidence of our banking partners in the development strategy. "
Next financial communication: 1. September 7, 2020 - results Half year 2020
HiPay is a global payment services provider. By harnessing the power of payment data, we help grow our merchants by giving them a 360° view of their business.
HiPay Group is listed on Euronext Paris (ISIN code: FR0012821916 - HIPAY).
More information on hipay.com also find us on Twitter and LinkedIn
Vae Solis Communications
+ 33 (0) 6 50 95 21 45
This press release does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy HiPay Group shares. If you wish to obtain more information about HiPay Group, please refer to our website hipay.com, under the Investors heading. This press release may contain some forward-looking statements. Although HiPay Group considers that these statements are based on reasonable statements on the publication date of this release, they are by their very nature subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause the actual results to differ from those indicated or projected in these statements. HiPay Group operates in a continually changing environment and new risks could potentially emerge. HiPay Group assumes no obligation to update these forward-looking statements, whether to reflect new information, future events or other circumstances
1 The half-year and consolidated accounts are subject to a limited review by the auditors. Their report will be issued after the publication of the half-year results on September 17, 2020.
2 The turnover rate corresponds to the ratio between turnover and flows processed over the same period.